Baking cookies requires two essential ingredients: some time and a good oven. If you have both, you are on your way. This is a family recipe that my mum and grandmother have followed for years. It’s incredibly easy to prepare and it’s 100% customizable. A sweet indulgence, ready to eat!
The Classic recipe:
1. In a large bowl, blend together one stick (or ½ cup) of butter, one cup of sugar (half brown, half white) and one egg until it has a creamy consistency.
2. Then add ¾ cup of flour, half tablespoon of salt, half tablespoon of baking soda and one tablespoon of vanilla.
3. Blend well and add one and a half cups of oatmeal.
4. Preheat the oven to 190ºC (375ºF). Grease cookie sheets.
5. Roll the dough into balls and place them 2 inches apart on cookie sheets.
6. Bake for 7-8 minutes.
7. Allow cookies to cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes before transferring them to a tray or metal rack.
Before baking, chill the dough for one hour in the refrigerator. I use parchment paper on the cookie sheets so they don’t brown on the bottom.
Make this recipe your own adding some cinnamon, ginger powder or lemon zest.
You May Also Like